Home Divorce & Family Law Criminal
Statement of Client Rights Our Attorneys Services & Fees Contact Us

Contact Us Today

124 Nassau Street, Suite 2
New York, New York 10038


(646) 587-0188

(646) 587-0187


>> Free Consultations

The National Advocates





Uncontested Divorce

You can obtain an uncontested divorce when there is no dispute regarding divorce-related issues such as child custody, child support, division of marital assets, and health insurance. You can also obtain an uncontested divorce if:

  1. Your spouse does not respond to the divorce action, or
  2. Your spouse does respond, but does not oppose the divorce

The paperwork for your uncontested divorce can be completed at your 1st appointment. Your Judgment of Divorce can be obtained in as little as 4 weeks with NO COURT APPEARANCE REQUIRED!

Contested Divorce

Not all divorces are amicable. In the event that you or your spouse contests the divorce, our firm will seek an expeditious settlement in your best interests. Our goal is to obtain a favorable settlement and avoid unnecessary litigation and costs.

However, if your spouse is unwilling to reach a settlement, our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to aggressively and zealously represent you in all aspects of litigation.

Divorce by Publication

Sometimes, a person may want to obtain a divorce, but cannot locate his/her spouse. Even under this situation, you are still entitled to obtain a divorce. If your spouse cannot be located, we will prepare and submit all necessary documentation with the Court and seek an order to serve your spouse by publication in a newspaper. This is commonly referred to as a “divorce by publication,” and can be completed with NO COURT APPEARANCE REQUIRED.

Separation Agreements

Sometimes a couple reaches a mutual decision to live apart, but for personal, financial, or other reasons may not yet want a divorce. If you are in this situation, you may obtain a legal separation through a Separation Agreement. Unlike a divorce, a legal separation does not end the marriage. However, a Separation Agreement allows you and your spouse to resolve custody, support, property, and any other issues important to you.

Since a Separation Agreement is a binding contract between you and your spouse, this legal document should be drafted by an experienced attorney. Our firm will prepare a favorable agreement to protect your best interests at the time of your legal separation and in the event of a future divorce action.


You may be in a situation where your spouse promised you something important to your decision to marry, which he/she had no intention of carrying out after the marriage. In this case, an annulment may be your way of "voiding" the marriage.

Annulment is a legal procedure for declaring a marriage null and void. Unlike divorce, it is retroactive: an annulled marriage is considered never to have existed. The cause of action for annulment in New York State is generally fraud.

Name Change

There are many reasons why a person may want to change his/her legal name. For instance, professional, religious, or simply personal preference, are common grounds for a name change. An attorney can prepare all necessary documents and represent you in a Civil Court action for a name change.

Other Areas of Practice

  • Family Court
  • Child Custody
  • Child Visitation
  • Child Support
  • Child Support Enforcement
  • Guardianship
  • Orders of Protection
  • Domestic Violence
  • Relocation
  • Spousal Support / Maintenance
  • Father's Rights
  • Same Sex Divorce / Annulment / Separation
  • Enforcement of Orders
  • Prenuptial Agreements
  • Postnuptial Agreements
  • Divorce by Substituted Service
  • Divorce by Default
  • Financial Planning for Divorce or Separation

© 2007-2018 The Law Firm of Liou & Maisonet, PLLC